Wednesday, June 18, 2008

To Spree or not to Spree

Just some days after I bought those books and promised myself to stop spending, I find myself buying once again from the motherhood forums. So I paid for more bibs and rompers last night and am now waiting their delivery. hahaa... think my baby gonna wear nothing but rompers and bibs til she turns 1! Fortunately, my hubby was quite supportive and didn't blow up a storm. For although each time we try to keep our expenditure for small items (clothes, books etc) about $50 each time, aside from the times I spreed from US, Softplay and Old Navy (aiyah must buy more to save on shipping right), the many times I buy wipes and books and clothes and bibs certainly seem to be adding up.

Today I continued my purchasing frenzy by placing orders for more neurogain (DHA pills) and desitin (supposedly a miracle diaper rash cream). but but these are different right? they are necessities! haha, not that rompers and bibs are not lah. just that do i really need so many of them?? and i really shouldn't buy all pretty bibs. That day saw a pack of plain bibs selling at ikea for a fraction of the price I'm paying - yet I didn't buy those! but but... coz non-pretty bibs are just so boring!! ;P ok ok, still i don't need that MANY. ok so cut down it is...

I decided to follow my friend's advice and keep track of just how much I'm spending by tracking my expenses in an Excel. I'm terrble at this, I know from the first time I tried it with my wedding expenses. Nonetheless, I'm gonna give it another shot. Hopefully, the amount I'm spending will scare me into spending less haha. So now i must wreck my brains to think of what I have already bought so far... hmm...

5 comments:

The Miracle for Us - Baby Rylee said...

Hi Junie

Long time didnt hv time to read ur blog! Congrats on hvg a baby gal!! :))) I can totally understand on the part of "shopping frenzy" hahaha...dont worry, u're totally normal! Ay, if ur sis is too busy, u can always email me fennho@yahoo.com if u need to have any questions on baby answered. Not that i'm an expert, but i can understand the anxiety in prepping for a baby's arrival lo!

Juz Me said...

hey fennie! great to hear from you! no lah many thing i wanna ask my sis is related to what stuff she'll pass me and how to use etc ;P some oso about Mt A coz she deliver there. but thanks for the offer =) hee

Unknown said...

Wait till u BUST your BUDGET completely on disposable diapers!! muahahaaaaaaaaa...

I've resigned myself to letting michael wear the cheapo $0.19 lowest range of huggies. they're not bad, and at least they dun least. very tempted to get the 0.30 range for nights though... wish i could outfit him in the 0.30 range types every single minute, but he just shits sooo damn much hahahahaa.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Juz Me said...

haha ya i oso was seeing goon and pampers but my sis they all say dun bother. tell me at the rate the young ones get through the diapers, i should just use the cheapest; unless of course the child cannot take it. but they also advise the better ones for night use =)