Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Baby books and stuff

Baby is 25 weeks old today. I'm almost into my 3rd trimester. Boy time really flies. I'm getting more tired and testy lately. The hot and humid weather isn't much help really. Neither is the stress at work. As my deadline for the surveys approach, and the MST week draws nearer, all my procrastinated tasks are coming back to haunt me multifold. Well nonetheless, some updates:

On Sunday I fly my friends' aeroplane to attend my family's dim sum father's day celebration. Food was a tad salty but we had great fun nonetheless in the gathering. Finally got to catch my sis free from work (she had been OTing and working many of the past weekdays and ends). So grilled her many questions I had about baby stuff etc. heehee...

After dim sum, Ming went to PC show to get some stuff for his brother while I went Marina Square to once again buy baby stuff. Fortunately, went home with a little less than $50 burnt. Would have been more, had we driven there haha. JL had a fantastic sale on car seat and I wanted to get a new baby mattress. But since we hd to lug all the stuff home, I made do with what Ming could carry. haha

It was a crazy hot day as we (or he) struggled with our buys while waiting for the buses. More than half hour and 3 very packed buses had passed, and we were still there steaming away. Temperatures rose, as did my temper as we gave up on the buses and decided to change a bus home.

Monday and Tuesday, I was on course and had the luxury of leaving office about an hour before my usual 6pm. Had a great time shopping for books at the PS Atrium sale. So far, I've got 2 boardbooks (Eeyore and Minnie Mouse), 1 lift the flap book (Arthur), 1 50 bedtime stories to tell the baby, 2 Winnie the Pooh audio books that time bought from Hong Kong, and 2 paperbacks (english-chinese Minnie Mouse book and one Tigger's Tales book). I had also bought a 10 strategies of parenting book that day. This was on top of the 3 SoftPlay Soundbooks ordered from US. haha... i think i better stop with buying books! But I had always loved books when I was younger, and hoped my baby would love them too. I know my nephews don't and I find it such a pity :(

No comments: