Yesterday, I turn 30, I guess some consider this a milestone in life ba? Spent my 30th birthday visiting Dolly so I get a free day from work =) after being assured all was fine with my little princess-to-be, I headed down to the motherhood fair at expo, just for a look, I thought. I really hadn't intend to get anything much because I would need to lug stuff home myself, and also, we already had most stuff we needed I'd thought. Btw, food at expo sucks big time! I should have stuck with fast food! So i consoled my miserable lunch with some strawberry drink from Orange Julius... yumz.
I ended up carrying 3 bags of stuff from the exhibition home; my huge VS pink tote (yes i thought my buys could actually fit in there), a really cute bag from Huggies filled with diapers and a paper bag of freebies. Loot included Huggies and SoftLove diapers (wah din know diapers so heavy and sure is bulky), Palmers Organic Stretchmark Cream, Frisomum milk powder, baby milk powder dispenser, a set of pink baby mittens, coloured pencil set, multi-coloured pen, notebook, a ton of brochures... and i guess that's about it. Doesn't seem like a lot, does it? Thats what I thought to, but lugging them home sure seemed heavy. Think was mainly from the diapers and milk but the Motherhood magazine seemed kinda heavy too. I would have bought more too, if I felt I could have carried more, but the paper bag was digging into my poor arm so I decided to leave other buys for the weekend when CM might accompany me.
Personally, I felt the 5th had better special buys including digital thermometer that had a mute option (very tempting even at non-promo exhibition prices) and a very funky looking pram ($100 bucks off + free diaper changing kit!) by bon bebe. Other things to check out from the fair over the weekend I listed (in my freebie notebook, with my freebie pen), aside from the 5th buys included the Pupsik Changing Mat (wow you really should feel the soft padded cushion! Changing mat deluxe style!), Pampers Active Baby diapers (but the very attractive promo price only starts at 7pm and unfortunately :( they were quite strict on that otherwise I would have lugged the packs home too, heck care achy arms), Sealer diapers (good reviews and comes with cutie hat hahaha but deal not good enough for me to load another set of diapers), Palmers Nursing Cream and Bottom Butter, more NeuroGain pills (although I already have 2 bottles), a cute flower baby monitor ($199), maternity pads, a baby photography package, baby toothbrushes, baby tableware set, some baby wash, detergent and wipes. Strangely, there were no car seats for sale at the exhibition, or maybe I missed it? Oh yes, did I mention I got a set of adorable bibs from Carters? =D waiting for them to be delivered as we "speak".
After the fruitful visit at the fair, I headed to my mum's place via mrt. Fortunately, a very kid soul gave up her seat for me, else I cannot imagine the long ride with all those bags. Entertained by the NDS, the trip was a jiffy and I rested at my mum's place before feasting on shepherd's pie and curry delights for dinner, and not to mention yummy chocolate cake Ming lugged from office. I especially recommend the shepherd's pie coz that's the first time we tried it. I LOVED it, but family felt it was more suited for bigger crowd to share. We had no choice but to cab back with my many shopping bags, leftovers and might as well lug home the playpen from my sis too. Come to think of it, was a really tiring day. How come I still cannot sleep leh?


No comments:
Post a Comment