First week at home was a huge transition for us. Firstly, no more checking baby into the nursery if we cannot manage hahaha. You wouldn't believe how useful that can be. Another thing I realised in retrospect is that the first 2 days was probably the easiest days. Can't speak for all babies but Tanya started her night appetite just at the end of the first week. I could be up from 11pm to 3am feeding her but she would not be satisfied enough to sleep. Last night I was up til 5am. I'm not sure if the problem lies with a low supply at night or her ravenous hunger. Or was it that she didn't want to feed at all? I cannot decipher her cryptic cries despite many articles assuring me that i will "eventually" learn to decipher them. When I asked around, many mother stsill couldn't decipher their baby's cries.
But one thing I realised, no matter how much sleep I get in the day, it couldn't make up for the loss in the night. At night, I am tired and frustrated when feeding her. Sometimes as she fell asleep at my boob, I too would doze off then suddenly wake up fearing I would drop her. Wonder if that has anything to do with her restlessness too?
Oh yes and breastfeeding was most tiring on my weak arm muscles (the lack-thereof) too. Shan came by and suggested the breastfeeding pillow. That day itself, Ming popped by to help me buy one. I have to say, it helps leaps and bounds, although it could be better, like if it could totally support her. haha ok I know I asking too much :P

We also had to bring Tanya out twice in the first week. Once for her PD visit. Look at her happily sleeping while we took her weight :) The other was for my gynea visit at Mount Elizabeth where we also wanted to register her birth. The outings went very smoothly. The PD visit she was sleeping most of the way, while at Mount E, she was feeding most of it. Thank heavens for discreet nursing clothes and bras!
No comments:
Post a Comment