Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2nd PD visit

The days tick by as I count down to the end of my confinement. Its not that I don't appreciate extra help, but all the limitations and living with someone else is quite choking. I didn't realise til now how easy it had been to transition to living with Ming. He was most accomadating in many aspects. Perhaps it is also my emotional instability that makes everything seem so much harder?

I hope the challenging nights have been put away far behind me, and we can move on. These days though, the days too are challenging. Week 2-3 is growth spurt so I try to feed her whenever she shows signs of wanting food, even though she hardly seem to drink at the breast, instead seemingly taking my boob as a pacifier at every hour, as an aid to go to sleep. I didn't realise how very tiring it was, even with the brest friend pillow's aid. Because of this, I barely get chance to eat and shower, much less sleep. After each feeding, she wants to sleep and I will start to fret about her sleepign too much in the day and worrying if she will sleep at night. The night wakes are a nightmare I wish to keep in the past, thank you!

I have a few sources of experience I turn to for advise, like my sister (2 yo), Shan (1 yo), Fran (8 month old), my cousin Audrey (1+ yo), Fennie (9 month old) too but she in HK. One of the most common advise would be to appreciate her while she is so young, because they grow up so fast. I have heard this many times, but it is really hard to do it when you are struggling to keep your mood up. Nonetheless, I do feel moved when I see her sleepy (gassy) smile, or when she locks eyes with me. I keep trying to catch a picture of such moments but they come and go so quickly.

We went to the PD again, to consult about her persistent jaudince, only to be chased home, wallets emptier, just told to monitor her til she's about 6 weeks. If things don't improve by then, the doc will do a blood test on her. At the clinic, I saw a week old baby, and I thought of when Tanya came in the first time. Was she really that small too? Her weight had been recorded as at about 3.2kg then, now it was 3.7kg. Hope her jaundice fades by then

No comments: