Sunday, November 9, 2008

Back to Work, Papa

Tomorrow, Ming goes back to work, so once again, I feel the dread of handling the baby, hopefully alone (ie hopefully in laws won't be here). In fact, Ming would likely be unable to take any of the next 2 weeks off :( I especially fear the bottle feeding part. She's still very unstable. Just this morning, she absolutely refused the bottle and had a huge crying fuss over it, that we decided to latch her all today. But tomorrow, there will be just me. I had to prepare formula, feed her, coax her to sleep, pump out my milk to prevent supply loss, then wash out and sterilise all the bottles. Seems like a lot to be done, and phobia if baby doesn't wanna sleep, or take the bottle. In fact, I had never successfully fed Tanya with the bottle yet. So far, it was always Ming doin gthe bottle feeding. We decided to try feeding the expressed breastmilk first, before trying formula. Cross fingers and hope for the best.

On a side note, I'm suffering from very sore nipples. Not sure if baby has nipple confusion and my nipples are paying the price, or that the pump is the cause, or that I'm no longer used to the suction from baby, given the pumping sessions, or the longer latch sessions today (no bottle today). Whatever the reason, it makes it hard for me to carry the baby. Even bathing, I had to avoid the shower spray on the painful area. Hope and pray it will get better soon.

No comments: