Week 33 sees me smack in the middle of course review. We had the first session on Monday so I was busy coordinating with the graduates on their return and subsequent interview with the panel. The rest of the week saw us scrambling to formulate responses to their arbitrary questions and feedback. It really lame how we have to labour hours over a question that may just have popped into one of the panel's head. I wonder how much detail they will remember next monday when they come back for our responses.
After the first review, I had to set up Facebook groups for all the past graduates so my boss could easily reach out to them. Until now, the groups remain embarrassingly scarce. How do I reach out to these graduates 90+% of whom I do not teach?? I was also tasked to formulate response for a question which had me editing the syllabus for a new module I am still clueless about. Anyway I finally edited the syllabus after much references to what actually is taught in other such modules, then I carefully formulated a response.
Anyway yesterday evening saw our whole team in a 4 over hour agonisingly long (and hungry) meeting as we deliberated over each and every question and response given. Unfortunately, my question had totally changed... -_-"" so the work almost went down the drain, but we managed to salvage some of it for use in other parts of the review panel's questions. I reached home almost 9pm, hungry and grouchy, but mostly sore at my boss. 4 over hour deliberating over 9 questions with answers we had already painstakingly formulated? Geez and the students only get 2 hours to finish their exam papers...Let's just see how it goes next Monday...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment