Monday, April 21, 2008

Disappointing Visit

I've been sitting on the post since my visit on Monday. I've been plagued at work, and at home, hardly ever seem to get enough sleep. I get nightmares some nights and wake up, heart beating so fast. Gynae says I'm stressed...? Maybe lor.

Anyway back to the posting, I finally went to see Dolly, again with mum and Ming, hoping to finally know the gender. But baby very shy leh. When scanning, baby closed the legs. Dolly try to poke the baby a few times, but all we managed to coax was for baby to turn the head towards us. Legs still closed leh. Mum later say, maybe girl more shy, lol. dun wanna open legs ;P Anyway, Dolly harboured a guess, that it was 60% chance a girl. LOL... i remember mocking 60% guesses, since any tom dick or harry, without aid of an ultrasound scan, also can make a 50% guess liao. 60% doesn't mean anything leh. So, despite the 2nd time my mum freed up her time to come to the visit with me, we were unable to get any conclusive results. Dad called again, only to hear the bad news again. lol. Hopefully, next visit, can confirm gender lor. Anyway, I already got many new neutral rompers. Promised myself, no more liao. haha... hope i can keep to it once I find out the gender, especially if its a girl, coz there's just so many pretty girl clothes out there! That night, Ming announced to my in-laws that its a girl. He has gut feel is girl leh. Haha, maybe the source is from him, he got better gut feel ba?

Aside from the visit, I also managed to buy my first pair of Clarks. I had always had an aversion for Clarks for its relatively high price given the lack of asthetics. My mum had always been a huge fan, especially after she had feet problems and needed specially made insoles. But thanks to that, I learnt the importance of shoes, and heeded her advice to blow some money on a pair of shoes I would otherwise not have looked twice. For that price, of course I would have preferred another pair of Birkens, but realistically speaking, I couldn't wear Birkens to work lah. Another limitation of my anal workplace. But nevermind lor, for the sake of the child, and the future of my feet, I just hope the Clarks are worth it. Well at least I don't have to wear sports shoes to work everyday like I'm doing now ;P

No comments: