Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Miserable

This is the worst phase of the pregnancy thus far. Since Monday, I had been nursing a migraine that fades in and out but stubbornly refuses to make an exit. The nasty thing about migraine coupled with the dizzy spells of pregnancy, I don't dare to stand too near the MRT tracks anymore lest i lose my balance. I also feel disoriented and lost in a crowd, losing all navigational skills. It also makes working on a computer hard and i always must turn down the backlight or my eyes feel strained and tired, worsening the pain. It also caused my 1st puking session since i got pregnant. Sleeping is another problem, as i can no longer seem to sleep uninterrupted. Wake up in the night, sometimes unable to get back to sleep.

i also hate that it caused my appetite to take a downturn, causing family to fret over everything i ate (or didn't eat). I certainly felt I was mature enough to worry about my own diet. I recalled before I got pregnant, I promised myself I will be one of those model mums who would eat a healthy, nutritious diet for the sake of my unborn child. But reality could be cruel, as my tastebuds got really picky (frankly i'm not much a picky eater before pregnancy) and I only seem to crave unhealthy food (chicken rice, laksa, otah, fast food etc). This of course made family fret even more. which stresses me out and headache gets worse, and cycle continues :(

1 comment:

flioe said...

hee i did the nitewaking thing all thru the 9 mths!!! nvm, it trains u for the days after the bb comes where u only get 3 hrs of sleep..